Saturday 17 September 2011

Big Plans is 100!

Hey hey! Hang out the streamers and all that Jazz - this is post #100!

Yep, 'Big Plans...' started in early Jan this year and is still going strong. I know some Blogs can knock out 100 posts in a month or two, but the wheels grind slightly slower here at BPFE towers. For me, it's a bit of a milestone for many reasons....

- I'm a great 'starter' - ie I'm full of enthusiasm for a brief moment and then another shiny object catches my eye and I'm off again, so to keep this up for nearly nine months is MASSIVE for me.

- I've corresponded with so many cool people over the year - a big HI! to Don V and the ASH types, Adelle, Ralph D, Sal at Burning Wood...the list goes on. Stout fellows all.

- I've been turned on to a bunch of great music (and a TON of stuff by my fave bands that I didn't know existed). Thank Jeebus for Broadband and MegaUploads reasonable subscription rates.  

There are no words to describe how much
I want that Bass...I already have the trousers...
- I've found out that there are at least 10 people who like Hugo Largo. Who knew?

- I've had a (semi) legitimate excuse to write cack about music on a regular basis and have a bunch of people read it and..ulp...enjoy it. Ta everso.

Right, before I get all 'group hug-gy' about this whole thing, lets get to the meat of this post. As a treat for your persistence, here's a mother-lovin' ultra gem of a post. Yep, it's demos, rough mixes and out-takes from Let's Active's magnificent 'Big Plans For Everybody' sessions. It couldn't really be anything else, could it? Decent sound quality, amazing tunes and your chance to play 'spot the difference' with the finished version, which I assume is on heavy rotation on your HiFi, right? It had better be.



('Writing The Book Of Last Pages' from OGWT 1986)

(Side note - I think I pulled this off Dimeadozen back in the day, but I see that the magnificent 'Wilfully Obscure' blog posted this stuff last year, too. Another thing I've learned is that whatever I want to post or write about, WO have done it first, better and with more grammatical accuracy than I could ever hope to do. Damn you!! - only joking, I love you guys...)

You don't need me to tell you that Mitch Easter is God, now, do you?

Thanks for the century Big Planners - you've made a sad old Music geek feel like he has a purpose.

Love, Light and Peace,

Rushbo



Let's Active: Big Plans left Behind

1 STILL DARK OUT
2 LAST CHANCE TOWN
3 WRITING THE BOOK
4 HORIZON
5 WONT GO WRONG
6 REFLECTING POOL
7 TALKING TO MYSELF
8 I FEEL FUNNY
9 HORIZON2
10 WRITING THE BOOK 2
11PREMONITION
12 REFLECTING POOL 2
13 INVISIBLE HILLS
14 FELL
15 TALKING TO MYSELF
16 WHISPERED NEWS
17 FELL 2
18 WHISPERED NEWS 2
19 PROPOSAL
20 EXPLAIN




7 comments:

  1. Rushbo, Speaking of Mitch Easter, I appreciate him behind the scenes and didn't you say awhile back that you had more Game Theory to post? If not, I'd be happy to send you some to finally scoop the others. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oxy.
    You're right. Check back in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 posts = a splendid effort, Rushbo. Excelsior!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - love your work, dude! Here's hoping you make a double century....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Ian - Rushbo! Your enthusiasm for music and natural writing style is infectious. If I had stayed in a band with you I might have become infamous in all parts of the west midlands.
    If not the rest of the world.
    Keep rockin and blogging. XXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th, I'd say something witty, but I'm a boring old fart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post, I remember the explosion of Let's Active stuff on dime a few years ago when 3 tapes Mitch sent to IRS boses between 83 and 88 were uploaded with fantastic sound quality.

    An Italian Label called No Tyme records spent a long time working on a Box Set of unreleased material a few years ago only to go bust before it was released, such a shame. There is so much unreleased material. Not to mention live recordings too, since all incarnations of the band were amazing live!

    By the way "jat13" is my youtube account, check out the other Let's Active vids on there too!

    ReplyDelete