Wednesday, 13 July 2011

New 'Rushbo's Guide'

Well chums, I finally went and did it. I finally got around to writing a NEW Rushbo's Guide. If you have a peep to the right hand side of the blog, you'll see it, along with it's five predecessors. They were straight reprints from a newsletter I used to edit for one of my old bands, but this one is brand, spanking new. And long. Very long. So aficionados of the guide (Hi Ralph! Hi Oxy! Hi Adelle!), I advise you to settle down with a cup of tea and a biscuit or two, while you read about ...'The Worst Gig Ever'....

3 comments:

  1. The best tonic after a week away for work - a new Rushbo guide! And well worth the wait.

    As usual, can well relate to most of it - defeatist attitude, check, thinking you're shit hot when you're not, check, unscrupulous music biz operators, check,....

    And is that a paisley shirt I spy in the photo? Only marginally more tragic than the Dodger approved shoegazer striped T-shirt stagewear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. RUSHBO, These Guide parts may come around somewhat slowly, but they're always worth the wait. Very well written and immensely enjoyable! Pity about all that hair that's probably down the shower drain by now. In any case, can't wait for the next installment to appear...
    Cheers!

    p.s. gotta agree with Ralph on this one. Super cool threads! Band approved?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh...yeah, the flowing hair is but a memory. And as for the paisley - I was all about paisley in the 80s. I based huge chunks of my life on the Church's 'Heyday'album, including my fashion notes.

    Band approved? Not really. We had the weirdest image - our guitarist was a T shirt and Jeans guy, our drummer was a huge Smiths devotee, our lead singer was a fan of the bandana (sp?) and I was trying hard to look like Marty Willson-Piper. And we wondered why we didn't sell records...

    ReplyDelete