Monday, 24 January 2011

Blue Nile: Live In Manchester 91 and Classic Scottish Albums



(Hows that for an incongruous image...?)

Well, we’re celebrating here at BPFE Towers…I’ve had a post reach 100 downloads! Yep, the Blue Nile rarities post has hit a century. I have no idea whether this is good, bad or indifferent, but it seems like a bit of a milestone. To celebrate (and reward you for your good taste…) I’ve stuck up a couple of bonus posts. The first is a live recording which is all over the InterWebs  - The BBC recorded Live in Manchester 1991. Sometimes old news is still good news. The other is a great radio show from BBC Scotland. Its part of a series of classic Scottish albums and this one features the debut BN release – ‘A Walk Across The Rooftops’. Lots of love for a truly amazing piece of work. Interviews with the likes of Stuart Maconie and Paul B himself.  Once again, probably nothing you don’t know and love, but nice to have.

I’ve had a lovely time in Blogland. Thanks for all your comments (keep ‘em coming) and I’m chuffed to my little Mint Balls (note to non UK readers – try Google translate) that these bands that I thought were obscure, actually have a fanbase. I’m knocked out that I can write about a band like Game Theory and not only do people know who I mean, but I can have a really trainspottery virtual conversation with them. Smart.




Blue Nile: 13th September 1991. Free Trade Hall, Manchester,

A Walk Across The Rooftops
Tinseltown In The Rain
Heatwave
Over The Hillside
Stay
Easter Parade
The Downtown Lights
Saturday Night
Headlights On The Parade

Classic Scottish Albums: A Walk Across The Rooftops. Broadcast 03 28 2006
(Thanks to Don at ASH for the original upload)

7 comments:

  1. second link is 404 Not Found

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link to 'Classic Albums...' is fixed. Normal service has been resumed. Must be the celebratory champagne...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening to this now. It sounds great; thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuffed that you've got a 100 downloads - and with a Blue Nile album too!

    All the best fae Lynchie fae Aberdeen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great treasure the documentary about a real classic¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  6. The BBC Doc has been deleted, any chance of an upload or link.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Funk,

    Try the Megaupload link - it's just worked for me...

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Rushbo

    ReplyDelete